Saturday 23 March 2013

The Dance of the Swallow

Like many pilots in New Eden, I find my self confounded by my brother and sister pilots who have mastered the art of Kiting. I admit to being frustrated and some what despondent at times. I had until recently just given up on trying to fight and concentrated on escape when being kited. Most of the time unsuccessfully.

Since joining with the Screaming Haybusa I have come to realise that the universe and my brother and sister pilots have been trying to teach me a valuable lesson.

I must meditate on this problem and come to understand and master the Dance of the Swallow.


The swallow is a small, swift, and fragile bird that feeds in mid air. Darting to-and-fro with an almost magical ability to catch prey on the wing. It reaches amazing air speeds and preforms jaw dropping maneuvers to do so.  Much like the seeming magical piloting abilities of accomplished Kiters who prey upon the cumbersome brawlers of New Eden.

First I needed to see what knowledge was out there. So some Google sorcery of my own turned up some very helpful guides.

Magical Kiting 101 by Petrus Blachshell. In two parts Petrus shows us the wizardry behind Kiting and how to use these principles to thwart the would be Kiter. With links to Kiting fits and other great posts on the subject by renowned pilots of New Eden this is the top pick on my must read list.

Eve Tribune's Interceptor Maneuvers 101  and older guide and not specifically for Kiting/anti Kiting, but all well explained and new to me :)

An older article on Kiting in a Hurricane by Skira Ranos.

Fighting Kiters by The Valatie

A very good lay speak video illustrating anti kiting tactics. For those of you who like videos more than words The Valatie is building a very useful resource of pvp how to knowledge. Well worth the look.




 So, after reading and re-reading this and a few other helpful guides and sources of information put out there but many generous pilots of New Eden, I shall purchase and fit a small armada of cheap frigates designed for kiting and throw myself into battle.

I hope that after further education by my brother and sister pilots I shall, through this trial of fire, come to understand and begin my own mastery of the somewhat black art of Kiting.

I will begin my education in the Atron.

With a fitting something along the lines of;

[Atron, Kiting Atron]

Local Hull Conversion Overdrive Injector I
Fourier Transform Tracking Program
Magnetic Vortex Stabilizer I

Warp Disruptor II
DDO Photometry Tracking Disruptor I, Optimal Range Disruption Script
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

125mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S
125mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S
125mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S
[Empty High slot]

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I








Let's see how I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment